It’s hot. I want to get outside and find a pool of water, so today I’m not going to spend a lot of time crafting up a post about how my cats are whining for me to unzip their furry cat suits. Instead, I’m simply going to re-post something from SavvySugar that gave me a chuckle yesterday.
Hiring Managers Share Their Not-So-Fond Interview Memories. Click here to read full story.
It seems like every hiring manager I meet could write a novel of bizarre interview moments. My pals in charge of hiring recently shared their own memorable outtakes, and CareerBuilder rounded up responses from 43 interviewees that stood out in the minds of managers. Here are 10 that stuck with me most.
In response to “Do you have any questions?”:
- “What do you want me to do if I cannot walk to work if it’s raining? Can you pick me up?”
- “What is your company’s policy on Monday absences?”
- “Can I get a tour of the breast pumping room? I heard you have a great one here and while I don’t plan on having children for at least 10 or 12 years, I will definitely breast feed and would want to use that room.”
In response to “Why do you want to work for us?”:
- “My old boss didn’t like me, so one day, I just left and never came back. And here I am!”
In response to “What are your assets?” (as in strengths):
- “Well, I do own a bike.”
See more memorable responses when you read more.
In response to “What are your weaknesses?”:
- “I had a job candidate tell me that she often oversleeps and has trouble getting out of bed in the morning.”
In response to “When have you demonstrated leadership skills?”:
- “Well my best example would be in the world of online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that.”
In response to “Is there anything else I should know about you?”:
- “You should probably know I mud wrestle on the weekends.”
In response to “Use three adjectives to describe yourself”:
- “I hate questions like this.”
In response to “Have you submitted your two weeks’ notice to your current employer?”:
- “What is two weeks’ notice? I’ve never quit a job before, I’ve always been fired.”