Health Benefits & Insurance Resources
- COBRA Continuation Coverage Subsidy (65% subsidy on insurance premiums through COBRA for 9 mos post layoff)
- Premera has good individual plans, some with high deductibles if you are generally healthy but want coverage if something goes sideways.
- Regence has comparable plans.
- Group Health also has individual plans, if you don’t mind being limited by having to go strictly in network.
- The State of WA also has a plan, but if you think you might go in this direction, start early. I have heard there is a bit of administrative waiting to get on to this plan. Info found here.
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers – work on sliding scale; heard great reviews about this place; quality doctors who actually care about patients.
- Washington State Insurance Commissioner
- Walgreens Offering Free Healthcare for Jobless, Uninsured
Small Business Resources
- Self Employment Assistance Program (SEAP)
- Small Business Administration
- Alliance for Affordable Services
- BNI Washington
- Tandem Resumes. Kent volunteered his time in mid-April to do resume reviews for our small networking group. I highly recommend Kent – super helpful, knowledgeable, excellent listener who offers great insight not only into your resume, but your career direction overall. He has earned our LOL pink-slip stamp of approval :)
- Dale Carnegie Trainings – some of which are FREE
- Suze Orman’s 5 Point Plan for Surviving the Recession
- Free stuff @ http://kashless.org/
- Ten Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know
- Create Free Visual Resume Online
- First Things First: Steven R. Convey
- What Color is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers: Richard Nelson Bolles
- Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life: Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Now, Discover Your Strengths: Marcus Buckingham, Donald Clifton